Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Royal Australian Navy Patches

Article about: Here are a group of RAN jacket patches. These were purchased out of shops near the Subic Bay U.S Naval Base in the Philippine Islands in the late 70's early 80's. Made for sailors on shore l

?

Bugger, why they come out upside down is beyond me

?

Sorry, these came in just today.....ignore the obvious
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Australian Navy Patches  

Love those Collins class patches Tony.
    Cheers for posting mate.

Nice group of patches thanks for the pics.

Dave, Thanks for the info and background on the ships. It is 1:45 AM here and my dog's were hooted and hollering so I am up. Best Jack

?

No worries mate, didn't want to post too many more and hijack your thread mate!

Just wanted to show the modern equivalents

No problems, post away, they look great.

Best
    Jack

Continuing on with the Subic Bay patches. Googling these ships history it appears some may have made it to Subic but others may have not. As I was told by the son, his father would go in and buy the old display boards of insignia that were used in these shops to show potential customers what was available and or the style of patches they could have custom made for themselves. So it appears the tailor might have had a book or a guide of RAN ship crests and started to make up one or several of each, irregardless or unknowing if that ship would ever make port or not.. Of course this is only opinion. I must confess to really liking these and had them stuffed away for quite a while. Enjoy Jack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2