Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

S.H.A.P.E Cloth Patch

Article about: An nice cloth patch I found yesterday whilst searching the dealers in my area, Supreme Headquaters Allied Powers Europe patch, nice condition, would anyone hazard a guess at the period, fift

Default S.H.A.P.E Cloth Patch

An nice cloth patch I found yesterday whilst searching the dealers in my area, Supreme Headquaters Allied Powers Europe patch, nice condition, would anyone hazard a guess at the period, fifties or sixties I'm hoping so it would be a nice addition to cold war era collection, if later its still an interesting patch anyway I think.....also I cant find any period photos of where it might be worn on a uniform....sleeve ? shoulder patch ?

any info gratefully received.

Phil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S.H.A.P.E Cloth Patch   S.H.A.P.E Cloth Patch  

From it's construction and materials, I think that the 1960's is a fair age estimate.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    From it's construction and materials, I think that the 1960's is a fair age estimate.
    Thanks...it does have a good quality feel to it, good embroidery etc, it would be very nice if it does indeed date from the 60s.

?

Maybe even earlier than the 60s, definitely made in german maybe a little after the occupation period. These patch I believe where mostly worn on the sleeve I have yet to see a uniform with one on it quite hard to find on a uniform.

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Maybe even earlier than the 60s, definitely made in german maybe a little after the occupation period. These patch I believe where mostly worn on the sleeve I have yet to see a uniform with one on it quite hard to find on a uniform.
    Thanks gel65........I have been trying to find period photos but so far no luck...........is there anything specific that identifies German manufacture??

It is machine woven, not embroidered, which would indicate German made.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!