Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Shoulder titles, REME RASC RAOC ATS & SM Crowns

Article about: All from ebay, the shoulder titles were one lot for a fiver and the crowns for two quid, though the moth eaten example was added in free with the other without me knowing it was coming. All

Default Shoulder titles, REME RASC RAOC ATS & SM Crowns

All from ebay, the shoulder titles were one lot for a fiver and the crowns for two quid, though the moth eaten example was added in free with the other without me knowing it was coming.

All are pairs, except the RAOC which has different mounting pin attachments, one rectangular and one type rounded, whilst the ATS appear to be very similar, though not a true pair.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shoulder titles, REME RASC RAOC ATS & SM Crowns   Shoulder titles, REME RASC RAOC ATS & SM Crowns  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Shoulder titles, REME RASC RAOC ATS & SM Crowns

Hi Jerry, you got a good little bargain there.

REME was a wartime raised Corps and the brass titles, I think I am right in saying, came out post war? I am sure Rob will be able to confirm or deny.

Years ago Lez used to pay a couple of quid for a single ATS title, but those days are gone and people are asking at least £10 to £15 a pair. Even seen singles sell for a tenner on a good day on e bay. I will photo some of Lez's titles and let her post them. She has about a dozen of them losse!

You have a good £30 + worth of badges there.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, I assumed I had done well. I got them for the opening bids. I thought the REME might be post war, as I think they were formed in 42, but I have a pair of kings crown REME dogs and SB buttons, 47 to 53 version and they will go well with these. I also have RASC cap badges and dogs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shoulder titles, REME RASC RAOC ATS & SM Crowns  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Great! I like "completing the jigsaw" too, as a forum friend calls it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hiya Jerry, here are my loose ATS shoulder titles.

There is a more scarce makers variation which has thin flat sheet brass fittings on the back as opposed to the conventional round section ones seen here. I have a pair these on a tunic.

You did well on the price

Cheers, Lez.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shoulder titles, REME RASC RAOC ATS & SM Crowns