Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

small sergeants stripes with flaming grenade slip on red/black arm of service strip

Article about: good morning, please see the attached photo of a small slip on - 2.25 inches wide at the bottom & the same tall. It would appear to be 'theatre made' but what is the purpose of the flami

Default small sergeants stripes with flaming grenade slip on red/black arm of service strip

good morning, please see the attached photo of a small slip on - 2.25 inches wide at the bottom & the same tall. It would appear to be 'theatre made' but what is the purpose of the flaming grenade above the stripes?

It came with a pair of red/black strips but I can't find any reference to this colour combination, the nearest being red/blue. Any thoughts?

Many thanks, Davesmall sergeants stripes with flaming grenade slip on red/black arm of service strip

Royal Engineers Sgt. has the grenade above the stripes.
    Which would make sense for the service strip to be red/blue. are you 100% sure its black? not a REALLY dark blue?

many thanks and I'll go with that. The stripes are definitely black & not even very dark blue but as red/black doesn't appear to have been used officially I guess it was the nearest they had (the stripes look to be theatre made - the grenades are really just white cotton shapes, so perhaps the stripes were too)

many thanks, Dave

your red/very dark blue arms of service stripe would be worn with the dark blue strip to the front for a member of the R.E. John.

OK John thats great. Many thanks, Dave