Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Some of my collection

Article about: Not the best pictures but here is some of my collection. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Burt

Default Re: Some of my collection

I'll mention those points when I show this armband. Makes a good point of discussion anyway.

Thanks

Burt

Very nice and broad ranging collection you have there! I love it!

Could you single out a few pieces as your favorites?

Best,
    Joe T

Joe,

OK Joe, one more try. The Legion of Merit grouping and the USMC Brevet Medal are a few of my favorite medals. But the the Navy Corpsmans medic bag and Silver Start group and the Army one with the named Purlpe Heart and CIB are also a couple nice ones too, The Army group was from Brunko Runko Miljus. Captured in Korea but then they denied he was later. He was a Chech who had immigrated before WWII. The Army thinks he was taken to Russia but not officially. No one has seen or heard from him since. The Corpsmans bag was closed up after Vietnam and only opened up last year, It still has the wounded soldier cards from about 6 Marines.

Burt

A great collection! What is the story behind that battledamaged canteen?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

That was from a US Army soldier (LERP) in 1967. He was sent to Cambodia to try to stop supplies from reaching VietNam. They came across a Russian T-72 tank. They hit the tank with a LAW rocket disabling it. One of the NVA soldiers who came out of the hatch had a very old cap and ball rifle ( Cambodian army issue) a Chinese canteen, NVA belt and a Russian tankers helmet. He fired on the US troops with the single shot cap and ball rifle and they returned fire with all they had. The NVA soldier lost that battle. I have all of his items including the rifle he used and a handmade grenade that was on the belt. Great story.

Quote by talltom View Post
    very nice brilliant little cards i believe there are only 10 left at large
    I have a full pack, said to have been bought back by a relative of the person I bought them from, though if that is true and if they are original I don't know. Some of the faces are just black silouettes.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jerry,
    Mine are exactly like that too. Some of the faces are blacked out.

Burt

Quote by Bond View Post
    I have a full pack, said to have been bought back by a relative of the person I bought them from, though if that is true and if they are original I don't know. Some of the faces are just black silouettes.
    there should be a few without faces because there weren't any pictures just names

Quote by talltom View Post
    there should be a few without faces because there weren't any pictures just names
    I knew that Tom, and thanks for confirming it, I just wondered how you tell if they are originals as I assume these, like most things, have been copied/faked?
    Last edited by Jerry B; 01-14-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by milmuseum View Post
    Jerry,
    Mine are exactly like that too. Some of the faces are blacked out.

Burt
    What design do yours have on the back? My set have a camo pattern. The batteries on my camera are on charge, but I'll post some pics later or tomorrow.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast