Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some US Marine shooting awards........

Article about: Here's part of my small US Marine shooting award collection, the designs roughly date from the 1920s and into the 1950s, I've always liked the early Expert Rifleman awards, crossed rifles to

?

Default Some US Marine shooting awards........

Here's part of my small US Marine shooting award collection, the designs roughly date from pre-WW1 and into the 1950s, I've always liked the early Expert Rifleman awards, crossed rifles top row left and centre are 1903 Springfields and right are Krag-Jørgensens...... The two awards with the added 'EGA' (eagle, globe & anchor) are not official issue, hope you like them.
    cheers, John

Some US Marine shooting awards........

PS: What's the purpose of the duplicate image under my post??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some US Marine shooting awards........  

John,

Impressive collection of badges. Thanks for sharing

Smitty

?

Nice collection. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

The double image is just there to reiterate the loveliness of your collection.

Cheers,
    Bob

?

Very cool, I was always fond of the ones with the miniature EGAs added.

?

Nice badges...I use to have dozens of marksmanship badges, and probably a dozen or two with the EGA's affixed, but have slowly been selling them off over the years.

I'm a big fan of the multi-piece expert badges that have the rifles separately applied to the wreaths

?

Quote by Brig View Post
    Nice badges...I use to have dozens of marksmanship badges, and probably a dozen or two with the EGA's affixed, but have slowly been selling them off over the years.

I'm a big fan of the multi-piece expert badges that have the rifles separately applied to the wreaths
    I've wanted to get one of them Krag things with the rivets for a long time, they are a bit expensive for me on ebay though.

?

Rivets were pre-WWI...some firms continued to separately apply with solder through WWII...they look just as nice from the front but are more reasonably priced. I will try to post a couple examples this evening

?

Here are a few examples from my collection...the top right is a riveted, the other three are without rivets and vary from WWI-WWII. I have seen these by several firms, as well as unmarked, to include H&H, JR Gaunt, and Blackinton
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some US Marine shooting awards........   Some US Marine shooting awards........  

?

And a few pistol badges...the crossed revolvers is riveted, but I have seen non-riveted ones, as well. With these, the rivets make a bit of difference but any silver finished crossed revolver is highly sought and often bring $150+ (have seen over $200)

The 1911s beneath are both WWII H&H...I have never seen a riveted 1911 pattern and suspect the rivet process ended before this pattern went into production. If my memory serves, the riveted badges were mostly made by Rock Island Arsenal and ceased production around 1915

The riveted badges were often issued...the post-WWI separately applied pieces were all private purchase to the best of my knowledge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some US Marine shooting awards........   Some US Marine shooting awards........  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast