Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Strange Set of Wings

Article about: Hey guys, I picked up this set of wings at the flea market this morning. I have looked through all my books and online and can't find anything about them. They have a military look but could

?

Default Strange Set of Wings

Hey guys,

I picked up this set of wings at the flea market this morning. I have looked through all my books and online and can't find anything about them. They have a military look but could be civilian. They are unmarked and have a single clutch back. They have a copper color to them. Any ideas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange Set of Wings  

?

I would say these are not military, at least not U.S. Never seen any U.S wings with a single clutch and the base metal looks to have a brassy look to it although that could be my eyes. I would say commercial airline maybe? Not may main field of collecting but have come across quite a few wings and whilst the basic design looks military, the detail does not ring any bells. Happy to be corrected though.

Rob

I agree with Rob.

The wing has a similar look/design of a military piece, but
    I believe it's as he says - likely an airline wing.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

That was my first that, but for 50 cents I figured it could not hurt! Thank you for the help guys!

They remind me of the old Army Motor Transport Corps
    insignia, or Piedmont Airlines.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange Set of Wings   Strange Set of Wings  

Regards,

Steve.

I would agree with the theory of an airline pilots wing.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Very much appreciate the opinions guys. Next is to figure out what company these wings were related to!

?

I really searched the web as you did... I could not find an exact match.. Hope you can soon... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "