Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

"Sweetheart" Brooches - Show 'em off

Article about: Hi guys, I have a little soft spot for the ol' sweeties, mainly due to what they represent. Here is a few of mine, id love to see any you have hidden away!

?

These are the ones I own. Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Sweetheart" Brooches - Show 'em off   "Sweetheart" Brooches - Show 'em off  

"Sweetheart" Brooches - Show 'em off   "Sweetheart" Brooches - Show 'em off  

Not exactly my field,so to speak, but I have an ivory(?) charm sent home by a lad in the Aleutians, if that counts...I just picked it up eons ago cause it looked well made.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Some VERY nice sweethearts guys, thankyou for sharing them and adding to this thread!.
    There are some very beautiful pieces shown here, Lets keep them coming.

This one was my favourite, It is sadly no longer with me, but im sure the current owner appreciates it!
    It is 9 carat gold with some kind of white stone.

Whilst not strictly a sweetheart, this compact is a very well made item for a wife or sweetheart of a member of the Royal Welsh Fusiliers circa WWI.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Sweetheart" Brooches - Show 'em off   "Sweetheart" Brooches - Show 'em off  

"Sweetheart" Brooches - Show 'em off   "Sweetheart" Brooches - Show 'em off  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by srellis View Post

The 15 star has been pinned to create a sweetheart brooch and is named to a casualty.

Attachment 1086186
    Srellis, some beautiful brooches. thankyou for showing!
    Ive never seen a medal conversion like this to a sweetheart before, out of curiosity, who is it named to?

Well, yes, it is different, but certainly not something I would consider doing myself.

Each to their own I suppose .

"Sweetheart" Brooches - Show 'em off "Sweetheart" Brooches - Show 'em off

Only true Sweetheart i have is this one for the Australian 2/31st Inf Batt.
    The second photo are a couple of Matchbox Holders and the third a send home from Egypt.All meant to remember our boys On Duty.
    Mick.

Very nice sweetheart brooch Mick, But more importantly I think I've fallen in love with a plate!
    Can you tell me how big it is, as its hard to tell scale from the photo.

Beautiful items mate!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Ed

Thanks Ed,
    The plate is only about 95mm in Diameter.
    Cheers Mick

Another couple i picked up recently
    the silver and shell Gloucestershire one isnt in the best of conditions though, but i cant complain for the price.

"Sweetheart" Brooches - Show 'em off"Sweetheart" Brooches - Show 'em off

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast