MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

'Sweetheart' items.........

Article about: A selection of Sweetheart items and some other bits I've picked up along the way.........

Default 'Sweetheart' items.........

A selection of Sweetheart items and some other bits
    I've picked up along the way.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'Sweetheart' items.........   'Sweetheart' items.........  

'Sweetheart' items.........   'Sweetheart' items.........  

Regards,

Steve.

Very nice and I admire such items and thanks for showing Steve

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Nice collections !

I like them, and just starting to collect them.

Cheers!
    Taka

?

Theater-made "sweetheart" knives were a particular collecting interest of mine for a few years.

Walkwolf: That is a nice collection, but I think that one of them is not a sweetheart pin. The silver star with the superimposed eagle--last one shown alone and in the third row, left end of the group--looks to me to be an officer's US Army General Staff collar device. It came in two sizes, a larger version for the tunic and a smaller one for the shirt. Here are some illustrations from William H. Emerson, Encyclopedia of United States Army Insignia and Uniforms, and a pair that I found on line. I had a good friend who was assigned to the USAGS during and after WWII who wore that insignia. Dwight

I have a few sweetheart badges, 2 are converted from collar badges and one from a cap badge. I also have a few purpose made examples and one mufti badge. Also one sweetheart good luck charm.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'Sweetheart' items.........   'Sweetheart' items.........  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    Walkwolf: That is a nice collection, but I think that one of them is not a sweetheart pin. The silver star with the superimposed eagle--last one shown alone and in the third row, left end of the group--looks to me to be an officer's US Army General Staff collar device. It came in two sizes, a larger version for the tunic and a smaller one for the shirt. Here are some illustrations from William H. Emerson, Encyclopedia of United States Army Insignia and Uniforms, and a pair that I found on line. I had a good friend who was assigned to the USAGS during and after WWII who wore that insignia. Dwight.
    Hi Dwight. Lol - yes, it's under the 'some other bits' category !

Mine above is the smaller type insignia marked only
    'Sterling', but the detail is amazing.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Sweetheart mirror..........................Dave H

4md
    ?

Hello, some great sweet heart badges, its nice to see a few I havn't seen before , Just thought i would post my U.S sweet hearts badge as it shows the general staff collar badge being used.
    My grandfather must have picked it up in New Guinea. Its a beautifully made sweetheart badge, and the general staff badge is an excellent well designed badge on its own. This ones made by K G Luke in Melbourne

regards Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'Sweetheart' items.........  

I also have a Sweetheart compact, if this counts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'Sweetheart' items.........  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast