Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tank destroyers insignia plus tanks

Article about: Has anyone seen one of these? I found the big (17 in. diameter) Tank Destroyer plaque at a Ohio antiques mall. The panzer tank recognition model was another Ohio find. The trench art tank wa

Default Tank destroyers insignia plus tanks

Has anyone seen one of these? I found the big (17 in. diameter) Tank Destroyer plaque at a Ohio antiques mall. The panzer tank recognition model was another Ohio find. The trench art tank was made by a vet in Pueblo, Colorado. It flips open to hold cards or cigarettes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tank destroyers insignia plus tanks   Tank destroyers insignia plus tanks  

Tank destroyers insignia plus tanks  

?

There was some mention of the 808th... G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tank destroyers insignia plus tanks  
    Attached Images Attached Images Tank destroyers insignia plus tanks 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Default Tank Destroyer Guidon and Model ID

I found a ID model tanks like yours in 1975 in Fayetteville, NC. The guidon was listed in a lot sale on eBay as "Army Flag" .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tank destroyers insignia plus tanks   Tank destroyers insignia plus tanks  

Tank destroyers insignia plus tanks   Tank destroyers insignia plus tanks  

I can not comment if in ww2 vintage because the TD embelm was used until the Vietnam war.
    I like it, but I like everything Tank destroyer.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    I can not comment if in ww2 vintage because the TD embelm was used until the Vietnam war.
    Marty
    Surprise surprise Marty!!! You? Liking "everything" Tank destroyer? LoL!!! Never would have thought that!

Paul: Nice pick ups!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It's an addiction what can I say!!!!!

?

It's an addiction what can I say!!!!!
    I Would have thought with the username that your avatar would have been something along the lines ofTank destroyers insignia plus tanks
    But the helm is also something to be proud of

Semper Fi
    Phil

Marty
    Hi Marty

What capacity was the TD emblem used up to the Vietnam war?

Tank Destroyer Center was deactivated Nov. 1945.

I know during Vietnam war ,there were former WWII vets serving in higher command that had WWII era units made up in Vietnam , but these were restricted to individual(s).

Was the TD emblem used in an unofficial way?

Phill

You are correct the TD's where deactivated soon after WW2.From what I can tell the cat was used in Vietnam by some US troops. In my unofficial opinion I guess maybe out of respect, as you stated in an unofficial capacity. I have not found nor have I really dug deep into the research but I do know that there were tank destroyer in Vietnam used by Us troops and Marines,one that comes to mind was the m50 ontos( weird looking).
    Marty

MAP
    ?

That is one wacked out funky vehicle Marty. Looks almost GI Joe

It's name in Greek means Thing. Fits it well.
    Last edited by MAP; 06-14-2016 at 03:41 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast