Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Are These WWII Era?

Article about: Several years ago, I found these in a messy junk store in Oklahoma. The ration book, collar brass, and buttons were all inside a paper sack. There were eight of the big buttons and four smal

Default Are These WWII Era?

Several years ago, I found these in a messy junk store in Oklahoma. The ration book, collar brass, and buttons were all inside a paper sack. There were eight of the big buttons and four small. The big buttons are stamped "SCOVILL MF' CO. WATERBURY" and the small buttons are marked "WATERBURY BUTTON CO. The collar brass has no markings and are screw back. The aviator collar brass is four pieces. The wings with the propeller, the base, the washer with the sharp points that screws on, and the nut. Sadly I don't know much about U.S. insignia. The only reason I looked in the sack is because it was sitting on some 1940's era magazines. I'm glad I looked. There was not one other piece of militaria in the entire store. Can the collar brass and buttons be identified as WWII era? Any ideas are welcome. Thanks, Jay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are These WWII Era?   Are These WWII Era?  

Are These WWII Era?   Are These WWII Era?  

Are These WWII Era?  

jh92
    ?

Default Re: Are These WWII Era?

Absolutely! The Office of Price Administration (OPA) was established within the Office for Emergency Management of the United States Government by Executive Order 8875 on August 28, 1941. The functions of the OPA were originally to stabilize prices (price controls) and rents after the outbreak of World War II.

Thanks for the info JH!

The USAAF collar brass and buttons are also good WW2 items.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade, another very lucky find. I'm gonna start looking in more sacks.

Jay