MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

trying to identify a cap badge shadow [long shot]

Article about: Hi bit of a long shot , but can anyone help identify what may have been on this cap, all that is left is a shadow, i thought may have been a pioneers badge ,but can see from the pics it larg

?

Default trying to identify a cap badge shadow [long shot]

Hi bit of a long shot , but can anyone help identify what may have been on this cap, all that is left is a shadow, i thought may have been a pioneers badge ,but can see from the pics it larger. any help would be great, the shadow is about 1.25" high and width about 1.1" The cap is a ww2 British side cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture trying to identify a cap badge shadow [long shot]   trying to identify a cap badge shadow [long shot]  

Last edited by busman; 04-02-2015 at 10:38 AM.

?

Any thoughts, as would like to put The same cap badge back on to the cap.

I think someone had a miniature sized artillery badge on it ?

?

Hi I did think the artillery badge was a candidate ,but the ration of width to hight is wrong.

Mid size variation ?

I thought pioneers badge but maybe a smaller one made by a differet maker to the one shown?

If it isn't a small version RPC badge with lusg rather than a slider (I still think it is) and it is a similar outline my bet would be The Queens Own Royal West Kent Regiment now living as The Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment via previous lives as part of The Queens Regt and The Royal Hampshire Regt.

It's definately not an RA badge.

All in I think it is a RPC badge possibly the smaller 1947 beret badge but more likely as it obviously had lugs as opposed to a slider, a collar badge.

As you see the RWK which to me is the closest alternative is not really right and I can't think of another that would leave that shadow.

Regards

Mark

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

I vote RPC, and cannot think of another cap badge that comes close.

BobS

Hi, Only my opinion but I would suggest that the shadow is of a Pioneer Corps war economy badge in brown plastic with twin fold over blades which were smaller than their brass SD cap badge brothers.

Cheers Michael Ryan

That Is a long shot-there are So many cap badges that fit the general outline. Could be almost Any of them! Good luck!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture trying to identify a cap badge shadow [long shot]  
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."