Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

u.s. collar disc

Article about: This unusual style escapes me. It's listed as 1960's era. Was this actually used and accepted by the military or is it some sort of novelty item? There are other initial variations but belie

?

Default u.s. collar disc

This unusual style escapes me. It's listed as 1960's era. Was this actually used and accepted by the military or is it some sort of novelty item? There are other initial variations but believing one with NYMA would be more uniform conforming for a instituteu.s. collar disc like that.

New York Military Academy.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Yes, I'm aware of that but was that type authorized?

?

I don't believe this is novelty most likely issued or, privately made is it maker marked on the back

?

Quote by denfly View Post
    Yes, I'm aware of that but was that type authorized?
    Private military schools need no authorization to create insignia.

?

No it's not marked. I figured since it represents the M.A. that they had to adhere to regulated items. Thanks.

Quote by denfly View Post
    No it's not marked. I figured since it represents the M.A. that they had to adhere to regulated items. Thanks.
    The New York Military Academy is located about 20miles away from me. The NYMA is essentially a private military high school. I believe many of it's students go on to the Military Academy at West Point, which is also located very nearby.

Since it's a high school and not an official entity of the U.S. Military, I don't think they have to adhere to official military regulations.

?

Was it originally in Peekskill, N.Y. Iv'e seen an old postcard with a building there that was a NYMA school?

Not sure what you want to know my friend but this symbol has changed over the years. And this is the modern style 50, 60ish IMO.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Unique style almost like the pro baseball teams. As for the academy being in Peekskill, it was another military academy that closed in 1968 known as Peekskill Military Academy, due in part by the NYMA's presence and enrollment. Thanks again folks.