Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

U.S,M,C. AMS ircraft Maint. Squadron

Article about: was told from Pensacola Navel Air Stat. ... on Ebay

?

Default U.S,M,C. AMS ircraft Maint. Squadron

was told from Pensacola Navel Air Stat. ... on Ebay

?

That is where you are assigned to when going to the school in Pensacola and is where you will have your basic and advanced training for your particular MOS(Military Occupational Specialty) if you are in the Aviation Field. They train both Marines and Navy . The AVA might stand for that class for AViation Avionics. Is it printed on both sides??

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

We used go to NAS Millington,TN. for training. Now they go to NAS Pensacola. I attended AFUNP(Aircraft Fundamentals and Principles) Then BE&E(Basic Electricity and Electronics) Then
    went to AVA(Aviation Avionics) when I went to Miliington.
    If it is on both sides it would be the flag flown on the Guidons used for that class as they would be marched from the barracks to the school house and during PT.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 09-16-2015 at 03:10 AM.

?

its printed on one side, thanks Semper Fi

?

Then it was for the school house classroom for the AVA course. AMS 1 is for the "O" (Organizational)Level and AMS 2 is for the "I" (Intermediate) level of Maintenance.

O level work on the aircraft, I level work in the back shops repairing components of the aircraft.

Semper Fi
    Phil