Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ubique, not all the same?

Article about: We all know the little flaming grenades that have the 'ubique' scroll beneath? They are not all the same. Here are three variations.

Default Ubique, not all the same?

We all know the little flaming grenades that have the 'ubique' scroll beneath?
    They are not all the same.
    Here are three variations.
    Ubique, not all the same?

7, 9 and 10 flames, I have all three types with the first one for RA and the other two for RE.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

A slight deviation from topic but I recall this device being common to RE and RA along with the shared motto "Ubique quo fas et gloria ducunt" (Everywhere right and glory leads) always lead to Engineers insisting that the difference in meaning of Ubique between the two was that for the RE it means "Everywhere" whilst for the RA it means "All over the f****** place"

For the record I was neither RE or RA so I couldn't possibly comment

Nice pieces BTW

Regards

Mark

?

Anyone know the significance of the 9 and 10 flames variation? I have only seen the 9 for Engineers here in Australia.

Oz.

Quote by Ubique View Post
    Anyone know the significance of the 9 and 10 flames variation? I have only seen the 9 for Engineers here in Australia.

Oz.
    Not really, 1 suggestion on another forum was for Indian RE, but it seems that no one knows for certain.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ubique, not all the same?  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.