Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Union Jack

Article about: I recently picked up this fantastic Union Jack flag, I don't know whether it is an early Australian flag or a British Union Jack but it is certainly old. It shows plenty of age, the material

Default Union Jack

I recently picked up this fantastic Union Jack flag, I don't know whether it is an early Australian flag or a British Union Jack but it is certainly old. It shows plenty of age, the material is very thin in places and it has been attacked by moths etc..It is of multi piece construction and has what may be a manufacturers marking along the edge but is too badly faded to make out. Either way it is a great looking flag and I'm very happy to have it.Union JackUnion JackUnion Jack

Very nice flag. The stamp simply reads "UNION JACK"
    - unless there is another.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Very nice flag. The stamp simply reads "UNION JACK"
    - unless there is another.........
    I was just looking at that myself, I think you are right, amazingly it is impossible to make out what is written when looking at the actual flag but in the pic I've uploaded here it is quite clear! Not a manufacturers name at all, just stating what it is!

Oh dear, an unfortunate case of "Lese Majeste" seems to have been unwittingly committed......To the Tower with him!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Sorry Ned, I wasn't going to fly it like that, it's just the way I laid it out for a pic, I was waiting for someone to accuse me of treason or rebellion etc..... it is a great flag though mate!

There, there Dave, I understand your "distress"......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

At the risk of being pedantic, a former Royal Marine colleague once advised me that the term 'Union Jack' refers to naval use. Anything other should be 'Union Flag'.

Glenn is correct it is only the Union Jack when it is flown at sea, union flag is for all other times.

?

You are correct Glenn, Jack is Naval, Union Flag is for all other uses

So this flag could be a Naval flag if it has Union Jack printed on it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast