Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown badge identification

Article about: Hello to all members. A friend gave me this badge. Haven't seen it before. Could be British.. Any ideas what is it? Thanks in advance. Nick

Default Unknown badge identification

Hello to all members. A friend gave me this badge. Haven't seen it before.
    Could be British..
    Any ideas what is it?
    Thanks in advance.
    Nick

A Photo of the reverse may prove helpful here....I'm leaning towards Austrian/German...Freikorps Collar Insignia...
    cheers, Glenn

My thoughts would be the same. Certainly not British.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

CBH
    ?

Don't think it's British , but it does looks European . What does the back look like ?

I cannot positively ID it, either, and it doesn't ring any bells for me, but for what it's worth, my gut feeling is that it is not German...

The design of the sword in particular is not of a typically German style.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I cannot positively ID it, either, and it doesn't ring any bells for me, but for what it's worth, my gut feeling is that it is not German...

The design of the sword in particular is not of a typically German style.
    Actually, it was the similarity to this typical SA Insignia that caught my attention...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown badge identification   Unknown badge identification  

I see what you mean, Glenn. Granted, it's a little thing, but the detail that leads me to my suspicion is the slightly ā€œvā€œ-shaped', upwards-pointing hilt.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hooray for the guv'nor!

Nice one Ade,

I have just logged on and was starting to look. My logic was along the lines of, bugle + sidearm + oak leaves = Light infantry / Jaeger in just about any army

For what it's worth I think this is likely a collar badge or similar to accompny the cap badge in your link. Of couse, if we had dimensions and rear image to show fastener we would have a better idea unless somebody knows exactly what this is.

Well done with the unit though

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast