Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

unknown formation badges

Article about: hey guys, picked up a few badges and patches recently, and these two have me stumped. I thought they looked like formation signs, but cant ID them. anyone seen them before? kind regards Ed

Default unknown formation badges

hey guys, picked up a few badges and patches recently, and these two have me stumped.
    I thought they looked like formation signs, but cant ID them.
    anyone seen them before?
    kind regards
    Ed
    unknown formation badgesunknown formation badgesunknown formation badges

Well, I stand to be corrected but I reckon the first is 19 Inf Bde with the same motif later used by 7 Fd Force and now 19 Mech Bde. It is supposed to be a black panther head! The current rendition is much more true to the beast!

Concerning the other patch I think we have a colour rendition / appearance issue here and this should be a yellow lion on a green and purple ground. The yellow here looks like dirty white and the purple looks like blue but if I am correct this is the sign of the North Highland District which later became just Highland District.

I hope this helps.

Regards
    Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

brilliant thanks mark you are a star!

You're welcome mate. It just occurred to me as I am taking my refs break at work that some observers might take the white dots as being part of the sign when they are actually fold indicators used when stitching the patch to a uniform. That these are visible as they are means that this is an unused patch.
    Regards
    Mark