Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown insignia of British Mark II

Article about: Hi all. I need help in identifying a badge painted on an original British Mark II shell. The shell was used during the siege of Malta as it still has patches showing the original rubble-wall

Default Unknown insignia of British Mark II

Hi all.

I need help in identifying a badge painted on an original British Mark II shell. The shell was used during the siege of Malta as it still has patches showing the original rubble-wall camouflage paint scheme. The badge consists of a white triangle painted on the side of the helmet. The letters AA are stencilled in blue. Attached please find some photos of my helmet. More photos can be seen on this link:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9338513&type=3

Does anyone have any idea what this insignia stands for? I though maybe it had to do with a HAA or LAA regiment but the insignia there is blue and red.

Thanks for your help.

Philip

Unknown insignia of British Mark IIUnknown insignia of British Mark II

Its in very rough shape but I dont know what the insignia could mean, Anti Aircraft?

Blue & white suggests signals so perhaps attached to an AA unit.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Unknown insignia of British Mark III know. Yet the helmets worn by Anti Aircraft Crew in Malta had another insignia, like the one attached:

?

From Malta, .... and "AA" .. certainly points to an Anti Aircraft unit.
    From other flashes I know of, some times the battalion associated is designated by the shape .. ie 1st Battalion in a square, 2nd battalion in a triangle, 3rd battalion in a circle.

I would personally try to identify what regimental artillery units were based on Malta firstly, and then break it down from there ..

Gary J.

Quote by Gary J View Post
    From Malta, .... and "AA" .. certainly points to an Anti Aircraft unit.
    From other flashes I know of, some times the battalion associated is designated by the shape .. ie 1st Battalion in a square, 2nd battalion in a triangle, 3rd battalion in a circle.

I would personally try to identify what regimental artillery units were based on Malta firstly, and then break it down from there ..

Gary J.
    Looks like it was a triangle to me.