Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown regimental badge

Article about: I picked up this sweetheart broach this morning, but I haven't managed to identify it from any of my reference books. It's quite unusual in having a motto in Greek. Any thoughts? Many thanks

Default Unknown regimental badge

I picked up this sweetheart broach this morning, but I haven't managed to identify it from any of my reference books. It's quite unusual in having a motto in Greek. Any thoughts?

Unknown regimental badge

Many thanks
    Ed

Default Re: Unknown regimental badge

It is no Greek it is up side down!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Sorry, for some reason every so often when I upload pictures from my IPad it flips them. No idea why!

I have not got a clue..... it looks like a yorkshire or lancashire regiment badge from the rose though. I will pull out my grandad's old british badges book.

It is similar to the Derbyshire yeomanry which has a rose within a wreath, but the text is different. The Intel corps use a rose within a wreath as well, but a different wreath and obviously it says intel corps at the bottom.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Good point Jerry, I forgot about the int badge. Did not know about the other.

Looks like intelligence corp to me.

Here it is, very similar in terms of the design and the shape of the wreath, but very different in the text.
    Attached Images Attached Images Unknown regimental badge 
    Regards,

Jerry

And the intel corps, which is very different in the type of wreath and of course the text is not all greek to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown regimental badge  
    Regards,

Jerry

Thanks for the replys chaps, I'm afraid this one has me stumped. I've a mate at my RNR unit who is part Greek so I'm going to see if he can translate the text and see if that helps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast