Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unknown regimental badge

Article about: I picked up this sweetheart broach this morning, but I haven't managed to identify it from any of my reference books. It's quite unusual in having a motto in Greek. Any thoughts? Many thanks

Default Re: Unknown regimental badge

Don't rule out the old Balkan States which used/use the Cyrillic/Greek type script. Many had some form of Monarchy before Tito's rule.
    Just another angle of attack.

All the best
    Dave

Resurrecting this thread as I have finally found out what the badge is. According to Grandad's Kitbag who have an identical one in their sold section it's a Ministry of Information Censorship badge, the motto apparently means 'we work in silence' and it was worn by officers in ports who sought out sensitive information.

So; it is a British badge ?
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Pretty uncommon badge it must be then, nice find.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2