Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Army "Machine Records" Patch Tab

Article about: I acquired this tab with a group that belonged to a WW2 Major, later Lt.Col. There was a large quantity of patches to include four of these unused tabs. There were also several of these used

?

Default US Army "Machine Records" Patch Tab

I acquired this tab with a group that belonged to a WW2 Major, later Lt.Col. There was a large quantity of patches to include four of these unused tabs. There were also several of these used and unused 8th Army and South Pacific General Headquarters patches. I have many patch reference books and have researched the internet but can not find this tab! I found reference to Machine Records Units during WW2 that was a precursor to computer programmers but no insignia. It appears to be Asian made, and it looks to go with the 8th Army patch but am not even sure of that. As my old Pappy would say, "kin innybuddy hep me out"?

Best, Ed.US Army "Machine Records" Patch TabUS Army "Machine Records" Patch TabUS Army "Machine Records" Patch TabUS Army "Machine Records" Patch TabUS Army "Machine Records" Patch Tab

Late reply

This patch Tab combo could be Korean war era US Eighth Army with Japanese made tab , the GHQ is post WWII Japanese made again with said tab.

The WWII GHQ had a blue field , the purple field was changed in 1946 for the newly created HQ US Army Forces Pacific.

Not to sure what Machine Records could refer to , the Eighth US Army served in Korea and had hundreds of different tabs associated with it during and post Korean war.

Phill

?

Great patches really love the tab both the tab and GHQ appear to be Japanese made