Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

US Army Service Forces patch.

Article about: I have what I believe to be a U.S. Army Service Forces patch. Not 100% sure that my id on this patch is correct though. Am I wrong? It looks to be WWII vintage. Thanks for looking!

Ha ha ha, I know Phill, everyone wants the 101st and the 82nd patches! Don't forget the 1st I.D. too! That's ok. I like odd and rare over valuable anyway!

This is a great variation of this particular shoulder sleeve insignia.. Glad to see this version..

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    This is a great variation of this particular shoulder sleeve insignia.. Glad to see this version..

Smitty
    Thanks Smitty! Glad I grabbed it out of the box the guy had!

One of the great joys to collect US SSI is the many unauthorized schiffli embroidered variations and then the theatre made from all over the world where GI's were stationed.

Happy hunting Carpediem and enjoy the history of 100 years of US SSI from 1918-2018!

There is a lot of American history in them there bits of cloth that go back to the civil war!!

Phill

?

A photo of my friend. She told one story were the mps came to take her dog and shoot it because they were moving from one base to another and didn't want to spread any animal diseases. So the MP Sgt asked her to get her dog out of her tent which he could hear barking . Marion being an Officer told him she didn't have a dog . The Sgt said he could hear the dog . she calmly replied Sgt. Are you calling me a liar which at that point he had to leave because she was a female officer and could not go into her barracks. They were able to have one of the locals adopt The dog and the dog made it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Army Service Forces patch.  

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    A photo of my friend. She told one story were the mps came to take her dog and shoot it because they were moving from one base to another and didn't want to spread any animal diseases. So the MP Sgt asked her to get her dog out of her tent which he could hear barking . Marion being an Officer told him she didn't have a dog . The Sgt said he could hear the dog . she calmly replied Sgt. Are you calling me a liar which at that point he had to leave because she was a female officer and could not go into her barracks. They were able to have one of the locals adopt The dog and the dog made it.
    Thanks for sharing that story Gary! It is good that you keep her stories alive and have her photo album. Well done sir!

?

Thanks Carpediem I hope you don't mind that I added her photo . she was a great lady

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Thanks Carpediem I hope you don't mind that I added her photo . she was a great lady
    I don't mind at all. She is, after all, wearing the same insignia that started this thread.
    I am proud to have her image in this thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2