Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Eastern Command-- Russia Patches

Article about: Hello, My Father was posted in Poltava Russia for a while (along with England, Germany, and Egypt). We have most of his uniform and patches. While searching the web I have been unable to fin

Default US Eastern Command-- Russia Patches

Hello,
    My Father was posted in Poltava Russia for a while (along with England, Germany, and Egypt). We have most of his uniform and patches. While searching the web I have been unable to find another Eastern Command Russia patch. It is Blue with red writing, a white star on top of a red star, and yellow wings.

Dad, 88 years young, seems to think that these patches are rare and possibly valuable.

We also have pictures of him wearing the patch, B-17s and crews, a Russian officer(?) etc

Any advice on what to do with this relics, preservation, value, etc.
    would be appreciated.
    scfrieze

?

Default Re: Eastern Command-- Russia Patches

Hi, welcome aboard. Don't wanna sound mean. but a little picture in this business will bit any 100 words

Hi and welcome scfrieze

Yes, picture would be great please!

Cheers

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

This may sound very dumb: I am having trouble getting photo's from camera to website. I'm clergy not web guru. Hope this works: I have taken a couple of pictures showing most of what I have of Dad's kit. Even his Berthing Card and discharge papersUS Eastern Command-- Russia PatchesUS Eastern Command-- Russia Patches. Have not included short snorters etc.

scfrieze

Wow man! Amazing items! Dont ever let those go ! Your Dad must be so proud of those !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I'm begining to think the Eastern Command Russia patch should be in a museum as I just don't see any other examples of them out there.

I am wondering about preservation of all the items... the photos in particular. I'm also wondering about values and insurance etc.

Suggestions gratefully accepted.

I'm proud of my Dad, his service, and he is proud too. Although he is still known to have the odd night mare now and then... A difficult piece of history. We do well to remember...

US Eastern Command-- Russia PatchesUS Eastern Command-- Russia Patches

Ordinary men who did extraordinary things.

steve1955
    ?

the eastern command patch is a $1500 patch. the other patch with the red star , the smaller one on the right side of jacket is $500 to $1000.the whole group is probably a $3000 grouping , very nice and as good as gold.

?

Default Re: US Eastern Command-- Russia Patches

Wow this is one heck of a group the Eastern Command patch is extremely rare with few examples made. Hold on to this

?

Default Re: US Eastern Command-- Russia Patches

Love it! I would frame photos and pertinent documents as well as patches. For display. The tunic would do well on a mannequin . The eastern command patch could go on 'loan'
    To a museum but I'd never 'give' it away. I'd keep it in my family with special instructions never to sell. I've taken the oath to my late grandfather who heir'd me a 1640 ad Viking mug with detailed engravings. I refuse to have it appraised because I will not sell it. Insurance is of no concern as I'm sure it's safe here
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Eastern Command-- Russia Patches   US Eastern Command-- Russia Patches  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast