Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

US Enlisted mans cap insignia

Article about: Is it safe to say that the one with the dotted background is WW1 era and the other with the waffle pattern is post WW1?

?

Default US Enlisted mans cap insignia

US Enlisted mans cap insigniaUS Enlisted mans cap insigniaIs it safe to say that the one with the dotted background is WW1 era and the other with the waffle pattern is post WW1?
    Last edited by denfly; 10-04-2013 at 07:48 AM.

I think they both look 1920s but I would wait for more opinions to be sure.

?

The white one has a different background pattern than the blue. I figured it's similar to the collar discs. The bronze ones and the gilt ones.

?

The one on the right is post WW I starting in 1921. The one on the left is WW I production that was polished with a guilt added after WWI to 1921. As always there were mass over production during the war and manufacturers used up old stock. By 1924 all enlisted collar and cap discs had the waffle back ground.

?

With these hat badges there were many variations, some of the gold gilded ones are ww1 and some are 20s. Most of the ww1 periods are a darker tone almost black not all of them but a large number of them

?

Thanks Steve and Gel. I have yet to see a bronze one (dark colored). Perhaps one day. I have a n.y. state bronze cap device and always wondered if one was made with the great seal of the U.S. similar to collar disk of WW1. Again thanks.