Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

US Navy Avation working green uniform insignia real?

Article about: So I would like to buy one US Navy Avation working green uniform. The Jacked look good in my mind, but I am not so sure about those insignia's. That insignia look like somebody cut it little

Default US Navy Avation working green uniform insignia real?

So I would like to buy one US Navy Avation working green uniform. The Jacked look good in my mind, but I am not so sure about those insignia's.
    That insignia look like somebody cut it little bit round, is that normal at US uniforms? And the lower one those stitches look strange.
    If anyone could help, I would be grateful. Thanks.

The uniform look fine, I was able to see the whole jacket from a picture from Ratisbon's. The star above the Petty Officer Rating would make this a Senior Chief Petty Officer.. I have heard that it was common for newly promoted Petty Officers to Chief Petty Officer that they would not remove the old stipes to add a new one, but would instead sew the star above their current rank, in some cases this was done at sea and the stripes weren't available on board ship, so this was a temporary adjustment until more time permitted to sew a proper rate on the uniform. The uniform shows that the Sailor had service in WW2 as well as post WW2 with the Occupation Ribbon as well as into the Korean War era with National Defense ribbon which was instituted in 1953.. He is missing a service star on his Navy Good Conduct ribbon but the ribbon corresponds with the number of hash marks on the uniform, each hash mark representing 4 years of honorable service for a total of 16 years. The ribbon itself (red ribbon with 2 stars) was awarded after the first 4 years of honorable service and good conduct and for every 4 years after a service star was added to the ribbon..

A decent looking uniform, if the name inside could be researched then that would be a bonus..

Smitty

Rakkasan, this was really informative answer thank you for this and it is always happy to learn something new.
    Yeah I would be happy if can researched that name also, it will be great bonus.