Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

US serving our counrty window flag

Article about: hiya guys got this winging its way to me from the great US of A, for those of you that may not know what it is it's a window flag displayed by family's in there windows to show they have son

?

Default US serving our counrty window flag

hiya guys got this winging its way to me from the great US of A, for those of you that may not know what it is it's a window flag displayed by family's in there windows to show they have sons serving in the war each star represents each son serving so in this case 2. a very poignant piece i hope you agree as well as a very nice & complete piece hope you guys like it i'll get better pic's when i get my hands on it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US serving our counrty window flag   US serving our counrty window flag  

US serving our counrty window flag   US serving our counrty window flag  

Default re: US serving our counrty window flag

Nick,

You got a nice piece of WWII memorabilia there. A beautiful piece with a lot of meaning to it, and it seems to be in a wonderful condition. Nice purchase.

Regards,

Gus

?

thanks Gus

the guy i bought it off said that these are not normally found in such complete & good condition obviously looked after very well buy the previous owner / family parts are always normally missing & all for only £20

I like that Nick, how did you come to get it ? nice bit of history thanx for showing,
    cheer's Ronnie

Nice piece. I would love to own one.

rgds, Ty

Hi Nick, very nice item. I think these are great patriotic items and are typically American. I think this was a great practise and I think it continues to the present day. Yours is a good period item.

I am not sure when this practise started? Perhaps one of our US members will be able to tell us more? I am certain it was used in WW1.

Cheers, Ade.

?

thanks guys this came up on ebay as a buy it now offer so i couldn't resit as its a piece ive been after for a while now & to be in such good condition as well who says ebay sells nothing but rubbish

doing a search ive come up with this site for more info http://cybersarges.tripod.com/bluestarflgs.html

?

very nice for your display Nick

cheers Al

?

it certainly will be mate cant wait for it to turn up but will take a little while through the standard US postal service

?

And if one was killed the star would be gold.
    There is a civilian group of mothers called "Gold Star Mothers" that exists today.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast