Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US unit badge - help please!

Article about: I am wondering if anyone here can identify this unit badge, it may be modern, I have no idea! 30mm across - thanks!

Default US unit badge - help please!

I am wondering if anyone here can identify this unit badge, it may be modern, I have no idea! 30mm across - thanks!

Default Re: US unit badge - help please!

I like it, but I have no clue! What makes you identify it as American?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I bought them in a batch of about 40 US unit badges. The screw in backing nuts are the same as all the other identified US unit badges, and the base of the nuts have English on them. Now, I realise that COULD also mean this one particular badge is British, Australian, Canadian, New Zealand or South African, or even Indian

It is American. I have seen it before, just cannot bring it to mind....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It's the state military crest for Indiana as used by the regiments and separate battalions of the Indiana Army National Guard: ("From a wreath of colors, a demi-lion rampant Argent, holding in dexter paw a laurel branch Vert")

See, for example:
    TIOH - Heraldry - Indiana State Area Command
    TIOH - Heraldry - 138 Finance Battalion

Hi Andreas

I was browsing that site myself, but balked at going through all 45 Finance sub-units. Surely you haven't committed all those to memory, or did you persevere where I did not?

Quote by WHW Meister View Post
    I was browsing that site myself, but balked at going through all 45 Finance sub-units. Surely you haven't committed all those to memory, or did you persevere where I did not?
    From the style it was clear that it was U.S.-Army-related but other than that I would not have been able to make an ID.

I found it via a Google image search, trying several combiniations of descriptive terms for the emblem until I came up with an image that matched. (I think the search term combination that finally did it was "distinctive unit insignia lion laurel" or something similiar. After that, it was easy.)

Here are two more examples of the crest as used in the coats-of-arms of Indiana National Guard units:
    TIOH - Heraldry - 151 Infantry Regiment
    TIOH - Heraldry - 150 Field Artillery Regiment