Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

USA cap badge WW2?

Article about: Hello , It is a collar disc. The button is a WWI tunic button. I have to disagree with the comment on the post war hat device only having the pin or nut come off. This is untrue. The US Serv

?

Is it me or is the "N" in unum backwards? Leads me to believe this is foreign made. I myself have the WW1 and post versions and must say, this looks crudely made.

?

Default WW1 and post versions.

These are the WW1 and post versions. I also have WW2 which is pretty similar to ones used currently.
    Attached Images Attached Images USA cap badge WW2?  USA cap badge WW2? 

jwp
    ?

Quote by denfly View Post
    Is it me or is the "N" in unum backwards? Leads me to believe this is foreign made. I myself have the WW1 and post versions and must say, this looks crudely made.
    you are quite right ! not noticed that before, when you say foreign made do you mean made for US forces or is this just a fake copy made to fool the unwary !,
    many thanks,
    John.

?

Default Copy

I guess the correct wording is theater made but it could very well be a fake nevertheless. To make an error on one letter or number would have been scrapped immediately. The edge of the eagle is crude so I would say a fake or poor repro.

jwp
    ?

ok, many thanks for that .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3