Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Victory Bonds Pennant ?

Article about: This is an old family item ,but I don't really know what it is . I thought it might be Victory Bond pennant , but I don't really know . Thanks Chris

CBH
    ?

Default Victory Bonds Pennant ?

This is an old family item ,but I don't really know what it is . I thought it might be Victory Bond pennant , but I don't really know .
    Thanks Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Victory Bonds Pennant ?   Victory Bonds Pennant ?  

CBH
    ?

Default Re: Victory Bonds Pennant ?

Anyone ?

CBH
    ?

hello

argylemuseum
    ?

Chris,

This looks like a Canadian Victory Bond Pennant. It appears that it would be from 1944, which was the 7th time the Canadian Government reached out to the people for money.

Where did the flag come from? Family?

It is an interesting piece. We have flags similar to this one in our museum, but not like this exact one.

for more info: Page Title

Thanks
    Shayne Campbell
    Settlers, Rails & Trails (museum)
    home of the Canadian Flag Collection
    Argyle, Manitoba, Canada

CBH
    ?

Thank you for the information , yes it is a family item , my family owned a lumber yard for many years and was among some flags I found in the office . I might consider trading it if you have any interest in it . Thanks again for your information .
    Cheers Chris

argylemuseum
    ?

Chris,

Thanks for the information. That makes sense. During both world wars, when a company contributed more than 25% of its quota to the Canadian Government, it was given one of these pennants. Im assuming the family Lumber Yard did such a thing to get the flag.

Regions (Counties, Municipalites, Towns) also could contribute, but they got rectangular flags, with the same logos stitched on the "fly" of the flags.

I recently saw a WWI, Prince of Wales flag at the Canadian Museum of Civilization. That would most likely be for a town that went 25% over their raised quota.

What might you be wanting to trade the flag for? What else do you collect?

Thanks again
    S.Campbell
    Settlers, Rails & Trails (museum)

CBH
    ?

I collect German WWI and II , Canadian with a special interest in Cape Breton Highlanders or 185th . Also some combat knives and modern camouflage . I would consider this to be a fairly rare item , and would like to get a good trade for it . I wouldn't be as interested in trading it ,if it wasn't going to a museum , where people could see it . If you'd like to make any offers you can personal message me , and I can give you my e-mail address . Also of interest to you might be the fact that the office for the lumberyard was located in a former Victorian Train station , that my family bought and moved in the 20's . And my family still owns it .
    Cheers Chris