MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Wait.. A patch that I don't know about?

Article about: Caleb here If you didn't know by now, I literally know everything in the world. I posted a thread in this forum regarding some rather common US patches, well it so happens that I have stumbl

My bet is that it is not even a sailing club badge at all but an example of pseudo military insignia popular in fashion design a few years back. I seem to recall a certain Michael Jackson had a predilection for the the style. Anchor is not and never has been a RN rank or appointment and I don't believe it features in yachting parlance either.

Regards
    Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Oh look, is that a Cholm shield?

Wait.. A patch that I don't know about?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Nice one Andreas!
    I was fiddling about with my mobile phone when you beat me to it.

Personally, as an "Old sweat" I get a bit annoyed when I see people affecting such nonsense. Almost as irritating as people wearing odd items of genuine insignia as a fashion accessory!

Regards

Mark

?

Good job. BZ

MAP
    ?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Talking

Ya know, I just didn't look hard enough. I saw the patch listed on E-Bay, didn't think much of the patch, just not sure why it is mixed in with his WAR badges. Maybe he thought it was pretty

Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by SirCaleb; 04-02-2019 at 12:25 AM. Reason: forgot to say thanks a million

Quote by MAP View Post
    I don't know how you do it Andreas!!!!
    No magic involved. I simply used the photo in the first post and did a reverse image search for similiar images. (I used Yandex, which works very well for such reverse searches. Actually, it's often superior even to Google in this respect.)

Quote by Narcis View Post
    Good job. BZ
    Just trawling through old threads and am surprised I didn't pick up on this at the time.

I doubt many will understand "BZ" so as a general point of info for the good and benefit of all;

It is a traditional British Royal Navy signal message that conveys a complimentary "Well Done" and it is based on the signal flags B and Z which is pronounced as "Bravo Zulu" or sometimes "BeeZeds".

I am 100% Khaki in my background but my son is in the RN (currently HMS Defender) so I try to keep up with "Jackspeak" (naval slang) which tends to confound him at times!

Anyway, back to the topic

Regards

Mark

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3