Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Welch cap badges

Article about: Arrived today and picked up for 99p from ebay, Welsh regiment OR's white metal collar converted to a sweetheart brooch, though sadly it has since lost its pin.

Default Welch cap badges

Arrived today, an OSD cap badge for the Welch Regiment and a bullion badge for an officers beret for the Royal Welch Fusiliers. The detail on the dragon on the RWF badge is just superb IMHO.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Welch cap badges   Welch cap badges  

Welch cap badges   Welch cap badges  

Welch cap badges   Welch cap badges  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Welch cap badges

Nice Jerry, I have one of the 'Welch' badges somewhere myself, different fittings at the back if I remember.

I have the OR's version as well, which is bimetal construction and has a slider on the reverse.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Welch cap badges  
    Regards,

Jerry

I think mine is all brass with 2 lugs for a split pin, I will try and dig it out unless I've sold it.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I think mine is all brass with 2 lugs for a split pin, I will try and dig it out unless I've sold it.
    If you still have it, I would be interested in it. Is it spelt Welsh or Welch, if you can remember, as during WWI it was spelt with a S and circa 1920 they reverted to the earlier form with a C, though both regiments always referred to themselves as Welch with a C.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

nice badges Jerry

It was definitely with a C, I remember that as it confused me before I researched it a little.

Not sure of the date then, either pre or post WWI then and probably the latter. Any chance of you showing it if you have pics or still own it?
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Not sure of the date then, either pre or post WWI then and probably the latter. Any chance of you showing it if you have pics or still own it?
    I'll try and find pics on the computer or I might have a photo in a group shot in a thread somewhere. The badge itself is MIA with my unpacked house-move stuff, if indeed I still have it I'll add pics to this thread and drop you a pm

I thought I would sneak this in here, LOL.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Welch cap badges  
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast