Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ww1 collar dog real or repo and nazi coins

Article about: i was at an antique store found a collar dog and picked up some third reich coins just to have. penny marked A, the 10 cents marked A and the other D. i know they aren't rare

Default ww1 collar dog real or repo and nazi coins

i was at an antique store found a collar dog and picked up some third reich coins just to have. penny marked A, the 10 cents marked A and the other D. i know they aren't rare
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww1 collar dog real or repo and nazi coins   ww1 collar dog real or repo and nazi coins  

ww1 collar dog real or repo and nazi coins   ww1 collar dog real or repo and nazi coins  

ww1 collar dog real or repo and nazi coins   ww1 collar dog real or repo and nazi coins  

Last edited by Hunt for the IronCross; 08-08-2010 at 07:40 PM.

?

Default Re: ww1 collar dog real or repo and nazi coins

I'd like to see better pics of the coins. As they are know, I can only see colored circles with no detail on them whatsoever, which is how one can tell if they are real or not.

Matthew

?

Better pics are needed to tell whats what. I cant see a darn thing. A is for the Berlin mint. D is for München. I have never seen copies of these as you can get them for 50 cents. The 1 Pfennig not penny was made from copper until 1940 when they switched to zinc. So you will find both 1940 zinc and copper 1 Pfennig coins. The 10 Pfennig was a brass until after 1939. 1940 you will only find zinc.

?

I don't know if you have one, but to get great pics of coins/stamps/etc., try using a scanner. Otherwise, try using direct sunlight to pick up the detail on the coins.

Matthew

sorry for the bad pics

the i cent is A 1937 the 10 cent marked as 1.00 1941 A and the 1941 marked at 0.50 is D

well yesterday i went in to a local coin store and they had maybe 7 i bought 3 ill go back and get more. all were $1 to 0.50 and they also had some ww2 Japanese coins for $1 in a box. so what is the verdict on the collar dog and the coins?

?

It's hard to say without pics, but for those prices, I'd pick 'em up. Even if they are fake, losing $4-5 is not bad if they turn out to be fake. Coming from a coin place though, it seems odd. They should be a little more expensive (if they are real) and the owner should know that. Personally, I've had bad experiences with coin dealers, so it's up to you.

Matthew

can u tell if they are real the new pics

h sorry the pics didnt upload

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast