Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww1 rfc flag

Article about: anybody got any opinions on this supposedly ww1 flag for sale on fakebay? imo totally not original at all the seller describes as original and very rare that rare thats hes sold about 20 thi

?

Default Ww1 rfc flag

anybody got any opinions on this supposedly ww1 flag for sale on fakebay? imo totally not original at all the seller describes as original and very rare that rare thats hes sold about 20 this year lol the seller has his own militaria website aswell

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-...8AAOSw8UZaDYHS

MAP
    ?

Can you download the photos and post them here? Once the ebay auction is over, the photos are gone and the thread is kaput....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

ye sure
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 rfc flag   Ww1 rfc flag  

Ww1 rfc flag  

There is a thread on the recent plethora of pimped flags on eBay on the WAF and this seller is also known for his helmet sales.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

'Spanmil' is run by Andy Beal of 'UK Militaria ltd'... aka 'Spandau Militaria.' He is well-known for mixing in fakes with good items on his website, and anyone dealing with him has to know his onions.

Ww1 rfc flag

This 1918 dated example which was listed as RFC/RAF was sold at auction in 2013/14.

?

ye i new that harry but im new here and didnt think exposing someones name and website would be allowed learnt something new again it is allowed lol he certainly gets away with murder on ebay

?

regarding his website i do no that all the ww2 german flags he sells on there are fake usually marked up at 600 quid with 80% off lol a friend of mine bought a few medals off his site i did warn him not to and when they arrived where clearly fake tried to contact him and just got blanked he paid via paypal and had to end up reporting him to them certainly a shady charecter at best

Quote by BRIOLF View Post
    ye i new that harry but im new here and didnt think exposing someones name and website would be allowed learnt something new again it is allowed lol he certainly gets away with murder on ebay
    I am not actually exposing 'Spanmil or Spandau Militaria', and I am certainly not accusing Andy of any wrong-doing. But anyone with a reasonable knowledge of militaria will be able to see that his website contains a mixture of genuine and aged repro items. The aged repro items - especially helmets, sometimes carry rather misleading descriptions which could give the impression that they are genuine, whether this is intentional or not is an entirely different matter, and I will not pass comment. It is also worth noticing that his items being sold 'on consignment' are never included in his so-called sales. I think there is something in law that says an item being offered at a 'sale' price has to have been offered at the original 'higher' price for 28 consecutive day's. I do not recall seeing any of the advertised items at the original price. But maybe I am wrong on this too, maybe it doesn't apply to militaria!

?

Yet another fake by same seller
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 rfc flag  

Too many sellers offering a mix of good, average, bad and awful, who seemingly don't care about reputations or honesty, perhaps it was always so and just easier to spot it now it's all online or they think the larger market place allows then to get away with it. I notice many of our fave ebayers have 100% records, even at least one I know did not.....must be some trickery involved.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.