Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 remagen tank patch ??

Article about: Hello what are your thoughts on this patch re-union patch or something else? thank you Tony

?

Default Ww2 remagen tank patch ??

Hello

what are your thoughts on this patch
    re-union patch or something else?
    thank you
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 remagen tank patch ??   Ww2 remagen tank patch ??  

Ww2 remagen tank patch ??   Ww2 remagen tank patch ??  

Ww2 remagen tank patch ??  

MAP
    ?

Not ww2 era. The 9th armored division patches I have seen are embroidered, not printed. So would assume it is a copy but best wait for others who collect US insignia for advice. Also, I have not seen these with the word Remagen attached all on one patch.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Tony

This is what I ask myself on odd ball patches or theatre made , where do i think this patch is made ?

US at end WWII 45-46-no. They had a thriving cottage industry and this would of been so cheap maybe they made them in 50's and 60's to put in cereal box's!

Germany occupation period-no. The Germans were excellent in producing patches for GI's during the occupation period and produce machine and hand embroidered in bullion on felt , woven with bullion etc, a work of art!

Britain produced printed patches but not like this.

Second the merrowed edging , although used by the US during WWII on a very limited basis (Merroew Co,) , this does not have the WWII look.

Also why would you put an overclocked or merrowed edge on a printed patch? They were used to stop the embroidered edges from fraying.

Too many red flags to consider a WWII-Occupation patch.

So this would be a poor fake.

Phill