Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS(officers cap badges & other bits)

Article about: Evening gents, I have just won this great group of ROC items on the bay, they cost a packet but OC/ROC kings crown officers cap badges are rarer than "hens teeth" and there are TWO

Default WW2 ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS(officers cap badges & other bits)

Evening gents, I have just won this great group of ROC items on the bay, they cost a packet but OC/ROC kings crown officers cap badges are rarer than "hens teeth" and there are TWO (yes, two) of them, so I am happy with the final bill( I only won by an extra £2.00)!! Also the silver buttons will be great "spares" for my 1942 dated ROC tunic, in case I loose any at a 40's weekend! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS(officers cap badges & other bits)   WW2 ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS(officers cap badges & other bits)  

WW2 ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS(officers cap badges & other bits)   WW2 ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS(officers cap badges & other bits)  

WW2 ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS(officers cap badges & other bits)  

The two embroidered and metal cap badges are superb Leon, great score.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    The two embroidered and metal cap badges are superb Leon, great score.
    Thanks Jerry, I gave the grubby/soiled one a clean as a filthy brown wreath just really needed some attention and it is now nearly as good as the other one. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS(officers cap badges & other bits)   WW2 ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS(officers cap badges & other bits)  

Nice items and good to see the cloth badges

?

Finally took the plunge and joined the forum... and just wanted to say congrats on winning this lot (I was the under bidder!). Just working my way through all relevant Observer Corps, and Royal Observer Corps posts!

?

Very nice pick up Leon!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by Wooffy View Post
    Finally took the plunge and joined the forum... and just wanted to say congrats on winning this lot (I was the under bidder!). Just working my way through all relevant Observer Corps, and Royal Observer Corps posts!
    Welcome to the forum my friend. I was in 6 group ROC, hence my interest!! Leon.

?

I've often come across the images of your various items in searches over the years, my interest comes through my parents; Dad was C/Obs and mum was L/Obs in 22 Group; both having consecutively numbered Long Service Awards. I'll get some pictures together at some stage and do bit of show and tell...