Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 USMc ParaMarine Patch ??

Article about: Hi what are your thoughts on this patch thank you for your time and help Tony

?

Default WW2 USMc ParaMarine Patch ??

Hi
    what are your thoughts on this patch
    thank you for your time and help
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 USMc ParaMarine Patch ??   WW2 USMc ParaMarine Patch ??  

?

Default Re: WW2 USMc ParaMarine Patch ??

Reproduction

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Reproduction
    Care to elaborate? Single word answers don't help at all.

?

Sorry about that, the patch appears to lack the snow back of most ww2 patches, also appears to have glue on the back as do most newer patches to hold the threads together, a simple uv light test will prove that this is a repro

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Sorry about that, the patch appears to lack the snow back of most ww2 patches, also appears to have glue on the back as do most newer patches to hold the threads together, a simple uv light test will prove that this is a repro
    I would say it's a text book example of being a snow back patch. Compare to the "snow" on the patches featured on this dealer's website:

http://www.topkickmilitaria.com/id1.html

?

Looks at this one, it is being sold as a repro with the same style backing that appears to be snowback but is a repro

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13050-1st-US...item5893b51b8a

?

In comparing the one posted here on this thread to the one on ebay listed as repro below I believe gel is right.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 USMc ParaMarine Patch ??  

Well done, guys. I'm far from an expert on anything, and for someone who only knows to look for the snowy back of a patch, that one looked okay to me.