Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

WWI or WWII Australian hat badge

Article about: This is my first piece of Australian kit could anybody tell me is it WWI or WWII . Its maker marked but I cant make it out. Thanks for any help. Gary

Default Re: WWI or WWII Australian hat badge

A nice piece of steel but I would rather the badge.
    Then again it depends what the Gerber did for me.If you get my drift

4md
    ?

nice one Garry, the make looks like K.G LUKE MELBOURNE, i have a ww2 version, as everyone is saying yours looks earlier.
    i have a few of these now once you get one maker you want the others

Hi guys
    It,s turned out to be a great thread and iv learned something from it, you are right about J.R.Gaunt they made most of the badges for ww1 and two, the munition workers badges are made from the same factories, i have a few in a collection.
    Thanks for putting up the pic of the bayonets good inspiration for the badge and about the Jam pot, crazy how things turn out. I think the Ausies are as nutty as the British lol, thats how things happen over here. and AMTG, thanks for showing your medals ect and for your service mate.
    Dave.

Hi,
    I have just done a google on my hat badge, and it is written W.W.1 Australian army A.I.F, rising sun Light Horse Brigade
    Hat badge slider. British made copper badge, being sold at D&Y Dandy collectables $125.00,
    Dave.

?

4mb thanks for the makers name. That would have drove me nutts. Dave nice I wouldnt sell yours it's to nice. As Dave said I learned alot who knew . Gary

Hi Gary,
    No im not going to sell it, i just wanted to know once and for all if it was a British made badge and got my answer,
    i think it,s a really nice badge im thinking of collecting some more if poss. they have a nice design to them and now we know the history of them it,s even better.
    Regards Dave.

?

Hi Dave I agree if I come across some more I will pick them up for sure. Know I have to find a slider. Gary

Some other Australian badges-Returned from active service WW2 (my late Uncle's), 11th Battalion 'City of Perth Regiment' pre WW2, post WW2 and current -motto is 'Vigilans'=Vigilant and rear views for a WW2 Rising Sun and a post war brass example-the current badge is anodised alloy-ughh!

I first had the brass example in school cadets in the 1970s on my beret-a very proud moment even if you had to keep polishing the bastard!

PS: the swan on the Regt badges is the black swan as found on the Swan river that runs through Perth.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI or WWII Australian hat badge   WWI or WWII Australian hat badge  

WWI or WWII Australian hat badge  

?

lithgow nice badges

Very interesting thread and I never knew the origins of the design. Here are my 3 examples, 2 collar dogs (top) and 1 cap badge (below). It should read Stokes & sons. Mel on the collar dog and Melbourne on the cap badge. The example at top left has the flatter base to the Scroll which indicates it is WWI and English made.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI or WWII Australian hat badge   WWI or WWII Australian hat badge  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast