Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

WWI or WWII USMC Marines ? device pin ANCHOR GLOBE Unique.

Article about: I bought these at an estate sale of a man who was in WWII (USAAF). There was some of his stuff there, as well as items from his FATHER, who was in France in WWI. I bought a photo album, scra

Default WWI or WWII USMC Marines ? device pin ANCHOR GLOBE Unique.

I bought these at an estate sale of a man who was in WWII (USAAF). There was some of his stuff there, as well as items from his FATHER, who was in France in WWI. I bought a photo album, scrapbook, these 2 pins, WWI Victory medal, and a pair of sterling silver pilot/aviator wings (listed in another thread). These look like USMC insignia, but there is no eagle! I'm not familiar with the rear pin either. Any help would be great! Thanks!

WWI or WWII USMC Marines ? device pin ANCHOR GLOBE Unique.WWI or WWII USMC Marines ? device pin ANCHOR GLOBE Unique.WWI or WWII USMC Marines ? device pin ANCHOR GLOBE Unique.WWI or WWII USMC Marines ? device pin ANCHOR GLOBE Unique.WWI or WWII USMC Marines ? device pin ANCHOR GLOBE Unique.WWI or WWII USMC Marines ? device pin ANCHOR GLOBE Unique.WWI or WWII USMC Marines ? device pin ANCHOR GLOBE Unique.WWI or WWII USMC Marines ? device pin ANCHOR GLOBE Unique.

?

Hello

could it be cufflinks ??

cordially
    Didier

nice pair, but I believe these are post WW2 being a fouled anchor type. That's what I know and stand to be corrected.
    A "potpourri" of EGA discussions - MARINE CORPS EGA DISCUSSION - U.S. Militaria Forum

Cufflinks is possible. Did the USMC have cufflinks like this?? Reneblacky, I was almost certain this was the WWI type insignia because of the way the cord wraps around the anchor. I am by no means an expert and I hope others chime in with opinions as well. What do you mean by 'fouled anchor type'? thanks!

it's when the chain is wrapped around the lower part of the anchor, as in caught up. WW2 types do not have this. I'm not 100% sure on WW1 types.

Gotcha! I will have to do some checking. I searched for WWI EGA pins and mine looked like most of them, but mine don't have the eagle! That is the part I cannot figure out. thanks again