Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WWII Australian Made Raider & 1st Marine Division Patch

Article about: Hello everyone, I recently became interested in USMC patches along with German & US Airborne patches. I'm trying to be patient and hold out for the theater made ones. Heres the ones Ive

?

Well here you go , I cut the backing out but not the edges and if you compare it to the on one Ebay it's almost a dead set match
    Nice detective work John
    Cheers Rick

Attachment 1348455

Attachment 1348456

I was very happy to add another variant of Aussie made 1st to pair with my Raider. They complement each other very well!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Australian Made Raider & 1st Marine Division Patch   WWII Australian Made Raider & 1st Marine Division Patch  

Hello, I’ve been sorting my badges and patches and found this raider patch, Is this repro or original Aussie version? Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Australian Made Raider & 1st Marine Division Patch   WWII Australian Made Raider & 1st Marine Division Patch  

Quote by Johnny t View Post
    Hello, I’ve been sorting my badges and patches and found this raider patch, Is this repro or original Aussie version? Thanks
    Hi Johnny & welcome to the forum. I personally believe your patch is a original WWII Aussie made Raider patch. It has not been cut (hence the square shape) and had the cheesecloth backing applied yet. I believe these patches were manufactured similarly to the German "BeVo" method where the patches were manufactured together in strips. For whatever reason your patch was cut from the strip and did not go through the final manufacturing processes. Neat piece!

Thank you john

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2