Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WWII British Formation patches A collectors Guide by Bruno Boulanger

Article about: Hi all I first want to congratulate the author , Bruno Boulanger on writing a magnificent tomb of a reference. I can see the passion and labor of love and this will set the standard for futu

Default WWII British Formation patches A collectors Guide by Bruno Boulanger

Hi all

I first want to congratulate the author , Bruno Boulanger on writing a magnificent tomb of a reference.

I can see the passion and labor of love and this will set the standard for future authors to follow.

As collectors of formation signs and shoulder sleeve Insignia (US), we are always seeking the answer "Is this WWII era , what is this this construction ,what type of patch is this.." This helps to answer in part some of the endless variations whether standard or theatre made that exist , that need to be cataloged for future generations of collectors and military historians.

What i'm impressed with are the clean crisp colour of the pictures , the ease of reading in a simplistic yet informative style. The different variations which are attributed to various countries manufacture.

I'm pleasantly surprised and pleased to see the post WWII variations of certain units as this helps collectors in determining the era formations signs were issued. This has and will always be the bane of collecting formation signs and Shoulder sleeve insignia (US) for collectors.

Me being new to WWII era British Formation signs would be the same if you were going into US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia , this helps people like myself to identify what to look for and yes there will be some errors in a tomb this size, but that should not detract from what is a very enjoyable read for any collector of military cloth patches and no doubt will be updated in future

Again congratulations and a job well done.

Allied Militaria

Please note: The book will be in stock in December sometime.

Phill

Note book is A5 size

Attachment 909340

Looks like a great book (face value) that should be on my shelf!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Looks like a great book (face value) that should be on my shelf!
    It is a great book , very well illustrated with badges I never knew existed and is very sensibly priced, an absolute bargain, highly recommended.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

NCA
    ?

I'd love to buy this but for the life of me I cant find UK or Great Britian on the order form?

Hi NCA

Click on Allied Militaria link below

Translate to english if your french is not good.
    Add qty 1
    then Click order (green)
    Fill out the form
    and UK is 5th from bottom

Allied Militaria

Phill

Quote by NCA View Post
    I'd love to buy this but for the life of me I cant find UK or Great Britian on the order form?
    I got my copy from ebay as the author listed it on there
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.