MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WWII British Irish Scotish BULLION Crest Shield Patch ?? VIRTUS IPSA NITITUR ARMIS SUIS FIRMISSIMA

Article about: OK...here's one that has stumped me and I need some help! I got this in a box lot at an auction with alot of other WWII patches and some German items too. There were some RARE patches in thi

Default Re: WWII British Irish Scotish BULLION Crest Shield Patch ?? VIRTUS IPSA NITITUR ARMIS SUIS FIRMISSIMA

try boy george,hes a O'Dowd.

Default Re: WWII British Irish Scotish BULLION Crest Shield Patch ?? VIRTUS IPSA NITITUR ARMIS SUIS FIRMISSIMA

Damn, Harry...and I was Just starting to Like this patch....lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

OMG! I hope this did not belong to Boy George! LOL Wasn't Ireland neutral during WWII?? I'm guessing this would probably NOT be a military blazer patch then? thanks again for all the input!

True, the Republic of Ireland did stay neutral, but the North did not and served the Empire. Also, while they did not actively support the war, there were still many thousands of Irish in the Republic who joined the British regardless.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

OK...so I guess the thousand dollar question is....does this patch belong to a unit or some organization during WWII? It is, as many have commented, a VERY nicely made patch! thanks

No, sorry, this is not a military patch.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

OK. Thanks for all the info! If it's not military, then I will definately be selling it. I only collect military items. It is a cool patch though...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2