Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Is this from WWII ? And what type of badge is it?

Article about: Hello forum, I am a collector of erkennungsmarken and recently came across this English Badge. It came from Damascus Syria in 2002 or so and I am trying to figure out if it is WWII or not an

?

Default Is this from WWII ? And what type of badge is it?

Hello forum, I am a collector of erkennungsmarken and recently came across this English Badge. It came from Damascus Syria in 2002 or so and I am trying to figure out if it is WWII or not and what type of badge it is. Sorry for my total ignorance on this piece.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this from WWII ? And what type of badge is it?   Is this from WWII ? And what type of badge is it?  

?

This design has been used from 1918 till 1947 so my guess would be WW2 but better wait for the experts on this

I think the RAOC were active in Egypt, Palestine and Syria during both wars, others will know more.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

A cap badge for an enlisted man for the Royal Army Ordnance Corps. They were granted the Royal in 1918 and kept the same badge with the crown of that form until 1953, so WWII is highly likely. It looks to be a good original. They did as mentioned above introduce a new form of badge in 1947.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Kings Crown on the top of the badge, so WW2 or just after-the style of the crown is different when a queen is the British monarch-Syria was a French colonial possession pre WW2-Britain occupied it in 1941-of course Britain was involved in the general mid East area around there since WW1.

?

Thanks Guys! I knew some one here would know!