Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

11/43 dated british chocolate & boiled sweets tin

Article about: Thank you, much appreciated. M

Default Re: 11/43 dated british chocolate & boiled sweets tin

Thank you, much appreciated.

M

Default Re: 11/43 dated british chocolate & boiled sweets tin

Never seen a full one for sale. That would be rare. And rare is an over used term in this hobby.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Just got home from a trip to the local Garden Centre. A small collectables shop has opened there in a nice wooden hut. The tin was full of kid's coloured glass marbles. I saw the colour of the sides of the tin and realised what it was. Luckily the lid was underneath it.

I already have one of these, but could not turn it down at £8.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 11/43 dated british chocolate & boiled sweets tin  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hello
    both mine
    cordially
    Didier

Nice examples. Thanks for showing them.

I just got this one from a tiny fleamarket. It has a bit of surface rust all around and the seam was partly open which was an easy repair. Not bad for €2,50 (just over £2)...

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I must admit I thought of that too, but I could not find any evidence of them using that abrieviation. But a good possible candidate.

Cheers, Ade.
    Me as well but I am pretty sure Peek Freans only made biscuits and similar. I think they got swallowed up (no pun intended) by United Biscuits in the UK but that the name is still around elsewhere.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Ciao!!

what is the different betwin green box and brown box?

Thanks!!!

?

I expect it will just be a manufacturers variation or a paint-batch variation.
    The photography could also be partly responsible as these khaki colours are surprisingly difficult to photograph accurately.

Oz.

Oz is correct. No problems with either one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2