Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

1940 Staybrite Ibberson Service knife

Article about: I was lucky enough to find myself one of these at the car boot sale the other week. I thought it was Postwar originally as I was unaware of any stainless knives from early on in the war. It

Default 1940 Staybrite Ibberson Service knife

I was lucky enough to find myself one of these at the car boot sale the other week. I thought it was Postwar originally as I was unaware of any stainless knives from early on in the war. It was only when I opened it when I got home and saw the date I realised.
    The blade has seen some use but everything is nice and tight.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1940 Staybrite Ibberson Service knife   1940 Staybrite Ibberson Service knife  

NCA
    ?

Nice find...not too common in my opinion.Theres 1939 dated examples as well.

I shall try and find one of those as well ...........

As luck would have it I picked up this one this morning
    Nice to have one without the Marlin-spike.

It was seized up and in the £1 tray. It is also dated 1940 but is corroded over a very light stamping and therefore hard to see. On the whole it is in very good condition and not suffered too much from the seizing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1940 Staybrite Ibberson Service knife   1940 Staybrite Ibberson Service knife  

I have now been lucky enough to find this Sheffield Steel Products 1944 dated pocket knife.
    Overall its in good condition but the tin/bottle opener is a little loose.

I can't say much more about it as Warspite has said it all here....... https://hatchfive.wordpress.com/2015...rn-jack-knife/