Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1942 webbing carry case for 303 No4 Rifle

Article about: Morning gents, just thought I would show this nicely dated case that I just bought for my 303, probably scarcer than the rifle it's self! Leon.

...any thoughts re my question in #7........??

?

Quote by Composite View Post
    looks like CTB TB42 (arrow)...either way, I've not seen one before so thanks for sharing. I'm now intrigued though....without the strap, what was it's purpose?...just storage and/or vehicular transport?...surely there'd be a handle/strap/buckles if it was meant for a soldier to carry?...but hey, 10 minutes ago I didn't know they existed......
    I've always wondered the very same thing composite! How did these differ from breech covers? I've read that the pocket was designed to hold a 50 round cloth bandolier folded up though...

Quote by Composite View Post
    looks like CTB TB42 (arrow)...either way, I've not seen one before so thanks for sharing. I'm now intrigued though....without the strap, what was it's purpose?...just storage and/or vehicular transport?...surely there'd be a handle/strap/buckles if it was meant for a soldier to carry?...but hey, 10 minutes ago I didn't know they existed......
    Good question Ade, does seem a bit pointless without a strap, but hey, it would not be the first time the MOD/WD placed an order for completely useless kit! Leon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2