Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

37 Patt Compass Pouch 1940

Article about: Hi all. This was a rather nice surprise when looking in a charity shop today. I can't make out the maker but on the popper it is marked UNITED CARR CANADA so I guess it is of Canadian manufa

Default 37 Patt Compass Pouch 1940

Hi all. This was a rather nice surprise when looking in a charity shop today. I can't make out the maker but on the popper it is marked UNITED CARR CANADA so I guess it is of Canadian manufacture. Can anyone suggest what the white marking on the front indicates? I think it looks like a horizontal P. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 37 Patt Compass Pouch 1940   37 Patt Compass Pouch 1940  

37 Patt Compass Pouch 1940  

NCA
    ?

Definitely Canadian..Z.L&T is zephyr loom and textiles ltd.Nice early date...compass pouches aren't too common either.Especially out of charity shops!Dont'ya just love random militaria?!
    Sorry cant help on the white markings..some sort of unit stamp?
    Also..unusual loop on the bottom of the pouch, these normally attach to the top of the Binoculars case..

*forget that last sentence..just noticed its slightly rolled up! *

Yeah, the bottom one is rolled up. It came attached to a 57 patt belt and shoulder straps and one of those crappy made in Taiwan US style water bottles. I think a kid had made it up at some point or something like that. Thanks for the confirmation on the maker. I just couldn't make it out.