Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

44 Patt Pack Contents

Article about: This might be of interest to some, I have laid out and photographed the contents of my 44 Pattern pack: I have seen a few 37 patt pack contents before, but not many for 44 patt so hopefully

Today I have bought a massive selection of Malaya period kit off a friend. This includes such rarities as unissued 1950 Patt uniform, boxed soap, air drop markers, indian made boogie hat, Bata boots, 44 patt sunglasses etc, etc. I have posted a few quick pictures below. Once I have sorted out this set and the kit I already had I will do a revised layout with a lot more bits on- as ever detailed posts about individual items will appear on my blog shortly...

44 Patt Pack Contents44 Patt Pack Contents44 Patt Pack Contents44 Patt Pack Contents44 Patt Pack Contents
    Ed

Very interesting indeed.

Believe it or not although most of it was at least obsolescent if not outright obsolete when I joined in 1975 (as a Junior Bleeder!) we were issued with many of the items in the '44 Patt small pack layout. I still have the KFS pouch, shaving mirror / heliograph and pouch, wash kit hold all, housewife, and water purification tabs (brown lids for us!). We also were issued drawers cellular (aka drawers dracula) with elasticated waist rather than the buttons seen here which were accompanied by a 'V' neck 'T' shirt of the same material. There was also a dark green vest and 'y' fronts combo of a cotton material full of holes like the airtex but heavier (not like a string vest),it's great to see these odds and ends of kit becoming collectible I must dig out my keepsakes I reckon.

Thanks for starting this thread.

Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2