Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

58 pat belt kit

Article about: this is my belt kit from my time on tanks i added the bayonet secently becouse we never carried them if you notice the mag pouch on the left is smaller than the right this is becouse the lef

ian
    ?

Default 58 pat belt kit

this is my belt kit from my time on tanks
    i added the bayonet secently becouse we never carried them
    if you notice the mag pouch on the left is smaller than the right
    this is becouse the left one is for the 32rd mags and the right is for the 34rd mag
    i was issued 3 32 rd and 2 34 rd
    it took a long time to get the larger pouch from the sqms and he flatley refused to chamge my mags so they were all the same
    od people these store men
    the browning is a replica
    lots of memories in this belt kit
    cheers ian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 58 pat belt kit  

Default Re: 58 pat belt kit

Hi Ian, thanks for showing this. I know nothing about '58 pattern. I have a belt I think and that is it. So it is all an education for me. The mags: I take it these are Sterling SMG? Again, I did not know these came in two sizes?

Cheers, Ade.

I know something Ade doesnt ......................for once

Yes, your right, the magazines in theses pouches are for Sterling Sub Machine Guns. I actually think theres 4 sizes of magazines, the ones mentioned above and smaller ones, I think theres 15 and 10 round magazines too and thats for the shortened version (Para) with the vertical foregrip, I also think theres stacked magazines in all of the sizes for them aswell, but I cant remember exactly

Thanks

Danny

ian
    ?

yes ade it stems from the old problems with the sten gun you know only loading 30 rds instead of 32 to stop over stress of the spring
    same problem with the l4 series of lmg (bren )
    they made 34 rd mags so you could load 32
    and yes stirling smg
    at first they gave us normal rifle mans pouches and i believe a lot of tankies were stuck with them the smg mags were to long and kept falling out
    the smg pouches were raocking horse poo to get hold of
    and then they found that the new mags would not fit the pouches they had so they had to make new ones you can imagine the trouble that coused
    during what we called the lean years when you could get lots of nothing
    (calahan)govern ment than maggy got in and all of a sudden we got the bits we neaded and the qms didnt get so many OBEs for saving money becouse they had to issue things that they had hidden away to save money
    same old same old eh
    there are lots of little ods and sods to the 58 pat
    silly things like rifle but pouches believe it or not so soldiers could rest the buts of there slr sin a poutch to take the wieght of it while patroling in northan ireland and lots more daft bits
    cheers ian

Good stuff guys. Nice to learn. My Wife Lez is an ex blanket stacker. (WRAC attached ROAC) Just read out your posts to her. She says "yes".

Cheers, Ade.