Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Any thoughts on this piece of P-37 webbing

Article about: Good evening gentlemen I have been going through a few boxes of P-37 webbing and equipment I have in my collection and I have come across this piece of webbing and have looked for a few hour

?

Default Any thoughts on this piece of P-37 webbing

Good evening gentlemen I have been going through a few boxes of P-37 webbing and equipment I have in my collection and I have come across this piece of webbing and have looked for a few hours now and I am having a hard time identifying it and or what it intended purpose would have been.
    Unfortunately it is unmarked the color in the images is a little off do to bad lighting it is constructed of the same pail green material as my war time dated P-37 webbing and equipment.
    I would not ask for help but this particular piece of webbing has me a little any thoughts would be greatly appreciated .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any thoughts on this piece of P-37 webbing   Any thoughts on this piece of P-37 webbing  

Any thoughts on this piece of P-37 webbing   Any thoughts on this piece of P-37 webbing  

Any thoughts on this piece of P-37 webbing   Any thoughts on this piece of P-37 webbing  

Last edited by Mark K; 02-22-2013 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Add image with measurements

Default Re: Any thoughts on this piece of P-37 webbing

Hi i think it is part of the belt strap off the British army 37 patt gas mask bag , there should be another side to this with the male fitting

Hi Mark, this is the strap found only on the long tube respirator bag.

Here is one from my collection.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any thoughts on this piece of P-37 webbing  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks to everyone that took the time to look or comment it was one of the odds and sods in my collection I could not figure out
    I have a civil defense MK II long tube respirator bag that looks much like yours Adrian with the exception of the D-rings that are mounted on the sides for the strap hooks it is set up to be used with a piece of cotton cord in stead of the belt strap .

Regards Mark K